Has anyone had the pleasure of training with....

General discussions on Wado Ryu karate and associated martial arts.
wadoka
Site Admin

Re: Has anyone had the pleasure of training with....

Post by wadoka »

I haven't but does anybody know what DVDs the various footage on YouTube come from?
zim

Post by zim »

wadoka wrote:I haven't but does anybody know what DVDs the various footage on YouTube come from?
Hi Wadoka,

I believe the footage is from his Kumite Technique Seminar videos available on Champ. I think he will be in Austria over the summer.

http://www.kamikazeweb.com/index.php?ac ... type=cesta

cheers,

chris
Chris Zimmerman
Gusei21

Post by Gusei21 »

Yes...too many times.

He is really good. He has integrated his knowledge of Wado into his kuimte plus he has carefully studied whatworks and doesn't work at the WKF level. He is both strong and fast and takes pride in his vocation.

If you want to stay within the Wado model then Hisao Murase is another great instructor and in my opinion the best at manifesting Wado in his kumite. Next month I am doing a seminar with Kaki Kawano. Kawano is another great fighter. He co teaches with Murase. Kawano won the kumite division in 89? in London at the Wado Cup. Oneya know him very well because he was a house guest for a period of time.
He has a very unique style that is tough for the average person to emulate. He looks like he is made out of rubber.
Ryuichi Suzuki is another great kumite guy former WKF World Champion who is impossible to emulate. He can cover tremendous amounts of ground in one hop as he flies in with a reverse punch. His movements are not human. You just stand back and admire him knowing what he does cannot be taught...

How about Antonio Oliva? He is excellent at communicating kumite concepts and his stuff is more accessible than a lot of other former world champions. Oliva figured out how to teach the stuff in a way that is readily digestible.
Bob Nash
jacob

Post by jacob »

His speed is incredible, I always joke that you would have to stop to overtake me! ha ha... Murase ? I remember reading somewhere that Arthur Meek had an introduction wth him when he went to Japan.

If they can do it so can we (well me) at least It shows that it's possible, or is it for a mere mortal....
KarateREF

Post by KarateREF »

Just got back from EKF Senior Championships in Zurich, not many Wado Kata in this meet…. I wonder why?

Also remember I was the referee in London -89 in the team final Italy – Japan if I remember correct, looong time ago.

Do not forget Maeda sensei who can teach both Kumite and Kata in a excellent way, not may years ago he was still coach for the Japan national team.

Soon WKF will change the kumite-rules again, more like the old Shobu Ippon like they use still in JKA, 4 corner-judges, no score given together whit penalties and so on.

KarateREF
Ove Viggedal
WKF Karate Referee
WadoAJ

Post by WadoAJ »

@gusei21,

Talking about: Image ?
AJ van Dijk

President & Chief Instructor Wadokai Holland
General Secretary FEW Federation European Wadokai
http://www.WadokaiOnline.com - Wado Books // Wado DVDs
http://www.wadokai.nl
http://www.fewkarate.com
Aslan

Post by Aslan »

WadoAJ wrote:@gusei21,

Talking about: Image ?
Where can I watch the video with this guy?

Nishimura sensei is great fighter, but he teach only modern WKF-kumite. I was training in his seminar.
Aslan Datiev
Aslan

Post by Aslan »

KarateREF wrote:Just got back from EKF Senior Championships in Zurich, not many Wado Kata in this meet…. I wonder why?

Also remember I was the referee in London -89 in the team final Italy – Japan if I remember correct, looong time ago.

Do not forget Maeda sensei who can teach both Kumite and Kata in a excellent way, not may years ago he was still coach for the Japan national team.

Soon WKF will change the kumite-rules again, more like the old Shobu Ippon like they use still in JKA, 4 corner-judges, no score given together whit penalties and so on.

KarateREF
And what about permissible degree of contact.
It will change? In Shobu Ippon it is better. IMHO
Aslan Datiev
KarateREF

Post by KarateREF »

At the test competitions I have been to, (French Open, Dutch Open) one of the points is to get back to more vigorous Karate. To allow more contact to the body but still be careful when it comes to the “front “ of the face. So I guess it will be ok. to make harder contact to the body in the new rules.

KarateREF
Ove Viggedal
WKF Karate Referee