Has anyone had the pleasure of training with....

General discussions on Wado Ryu karate and associated martial arts.
oneya

Re: Has anyone had the pleasure of training with....

Post by oneya »

Gusei21 wrote:Yes...too many times.

He is really good. He has integrated his knowledge of Wado into his kuimte plus he has carefully studied whatworks and doesn't work at the WKF level. He is both strong and fast and takes pride in his vocation.

If you want to stay within the Wado model then Hisao Murase is another great instructor and in my opinion the best at manifesting Wado in his kumite. Next month I am doing a seminar with Kaki Kawano. Kawano is another great fighter. He co teaches with Murase. Kawano won the kumite division in 89? in London at the Wado Cup. Oneya know him very well because he was a house guest for a period of time. He has a very unique style that is tough for the average person to emulate. He looks like he is made out of rubber.
Actually he was Robert's house guest Bob and our permanent dojo fixture while we operated a Gymnasium in Queensland Oz. I always thought his forte was more the eating of sardine filled pocketo bread and if you see his impersonation of a fly... It really makes you feel like reaching for the Aerogard..

oneya
Reg Kear.
Wado Kokusai San no Ya.

http://www.sannoya.com