Ah Easter...

General chat on non-martial arts talk such as wine, food, travel and so on.
oneya

Ah Easter...

Post by oneya »

Ah bugger... I can't make up my mind whether to have Prawns, Pork or Tassie salmon alongside the lamb cutlets and Chipolata snags on the Easter BBQ this week-end. Fortunately there is no indecision on beverages.. Rhone Valley plonk from er - um.. where else... and NZ Marlborough region whites for the distaff side ... there are a few atheists and Agnostics coming so I'd better lay in some Guinness too..

Gordon, you're invited... along with everyone else...

oneya..
Reg Kear.
Wado Kokusai San no Ya.

http://www.sannoya.com
Craven

Re: Ah Easter...

Post by Craven »

oneya wrote:.

Ah bugger... I can't make up my mind whether to have Prawns, Pork or Tassie salmon alongside the lamb cutlets and Chipolata snags on the Easter BBQ this week-end. Fortunately there is no indecision on beverages.. Rhone Valley plonk from er - um.. where else... and NZ Marlborough region whites for the distaff side ... there are a few atheists and Agnostics coming so I'd better lay in some Guinness too..

Gordon, you're invited... along with everyone else...

oneya..
Thanks for the invite!

No real ale? May I suggest Deuchars IPA or Taylors Golden Best to go with the lamb and maybe Moorehouse’s Black Cat for your non believers? Also, would you be upset if I said I hate you? I’m sorry but I’m jealous and I find it hard to hide my feelings!!

Have a great time,
Craven
wadoka
Site Admin

Post by wadoka »

The weather on the Dorset coast is looking better than it was in Spain truth be known.

After all that seafood on holiday away I think I just need a good thick steak.

This kind of weather calls for a lightly chilled favourite red wine of mine from down under, Brown Brothers Tarrango. it gives a wink in the direction of Rhone methinks.

Two long weekends in a row in UK, due to royal wedding. Good for people, maybe not so good for businesses.

Have a great weekend everyone.
oneya

Post by oneya »

Well just around the corner there's a guy by the name of Dan Murphy who stocks just about everything that comes in liquid form and I am sorely tempted to go see if he has a drop of the Moorehouse Black Cat cause I do like a malty sip alongside ta BBQ'd pork steak Craven. The IPA would be wasted on me though like most of the Oz beer. I'll raise a glass of Rhone Valley to you around 3pm on Sunday so I hope it doesn't disturb your sleep up there. ah yes, the Hate queue starts over there by the prawns..

You'd be on the money with the Brown Bros Tarrango Gordon. It was a staple for a long while until I sorted a few others out but I think the soil up around that Rhone Valley region has a much longer history that softens all the edges, it's cheaper too. I don't know anything about Royal weddings or marriages G, I reckon I've had a few Hirota dogi that last longer than them but on balance though, I would rather be in Dorset this week-end.

oneya
Reg Kear.
Wado Kokusai San no Ya.

http://www.sannoya.com
shep

Post by shep »

Ah a good Theakstons 'Old Peculier' or 3 to go with my weekend barbi :-)

shep
Craven

Post by Craven »

shep wrote:Ah a good Theakstons 'Old Peculier' or 3 to go with my weekend barbi :-)

shep
Well done shep. another ale from god's own country
shep

Post by shep »

Hi Craven

Its always been by favourite real ale - nothing else seems to compare

shep
steveig

Post by steveig »

Ahh the lovely warm sunny spring days of south west France. I will be spending my Easter by the pool, only problem is, I am building it.
But there is always the local rouge in the evenings to look forward to.
Steve.
Steve Greenwood.
www.chezvalade.com
Craven

Post by Craven »

steveig wrote:Ahh the lovely warm sunny spring days of south west France. I will be spending my Easter by the pool, only problem is, I am building it.
But there is always the local rouge in the evenings to look forward to.
Steve.
MERDE!
wadoka
Site Admin

Post by wadoka »

Craven wrote:
shep wrote:Ah a good Theakstons 'Old Peculier' or 3 to go with my weekend barbi :-)

shep
Well done shep. another ale from god's own country
Whilst at Sunderland University I had 3 pints in about 45 minutes and I was done for.