All submissions to this forum will require full names

Guidance on how we should use these forums for the benefit of the group. If you register, you can also view further sections that have not been granted public access.
wadoka
Site Admin

All submissions to this forum will require full names

Post by wadoka »

All registered users who want to post onto these forums must have their real names and a location as part of their signature from 18 April 2012.

Help will be provided for those that need it. For those unwilling to comply, accounts may be suspended so they cannot post until they have complied.
wadoka
Site Admin

Real name now required

Post by wadoka »

OK, I have had many opinions and thoughts over the past couple of months, both within myself and from the members of this forum.

On these forums there are those that put a lot in, there are those that only take and there are those in-between. All perfectly acceptable. There is a level of "investment" by people for which I am grateful. By investment here I don't meant that they get any gain in return, but the information and time provided is offered freely with good intentions.

I have even bought two servers from eBay to put into London to improve the speeds of this and my other sites.

In moving this forum forward, I have decided the following.

[*] The WadoPedia section will remain a members only section

[*] All participants will be required to provide their real name and location (country or city will do)

None of these are a big ask, nor are they different to many other well run/behaved forums I see.

I am off on holiday to the Far East soon and my return date is the 18th April. That will be the date from which all participation has to be on a disclosed name basis. I don't want to be bogged down by administration during this period and it will give people time to sort out their profile (I will add "How To" article) and they can may a test post into the Introduce Yourself section.

So far, this place has not been admin-heavy and from what I can see, it is one of the more active forums out there, even though it is focused on Wado Ryu.