Page 1 of 1

Looking for a Japanese term for the Wado wrist-twist

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:30 pm
by DaveTaylor
Hi folks,

Long time Wadoka, new member to this board.

I was stuck on this the other day, and couldn't remember if I have ever known this term, but I did a bit of googling and still couldn't find it; so I'm guessing I never knew the term.

The Japanese term I am looking for is the final 'wrist-twist' that we do in Wado, to generate the 'repulsion' effect. (There is no block in Wado) concept.

Anybody have a name for this term? I realize it fits inline with the principle of inasu, but I would expect it to be have a more specific name.

Any help, or discussion on the topic is appreciated.