Shiomitsu Sensei visited the Winter Course

General discussions on Wado Ryu karate and associated martial arts.
wadoka
Site Admin

Shiomitsu Sensei visited the Winter Course

Post by wadoka »

Just a quick message to the wider Wado family to say that Shiomitsu Sensei visited every day on the Wado Academy Winter Course in Guildford last week.

Sensei has a long journey still but the fact that was able to traverse the dojo floor in his wheelchair whilst we were training was fantastic to see. It put the instructors and those near under a lot of pressure, but that is no different to before! ha ha.
omote

Re: Shiomitsu Sensei visited the Winter Course

Post by omote »

That's great news Gordon. Thanks for posting.

All the best to Shiomitsu sensei, Maya and the Wado academy.

Jay
Jay Boatright
Florida, USA
oneya

Post by oneya »

Good news indeed..!

oneya
Reg Kear.
Wado Kokusai San no Ya.

http://www.sannoya.com
jeppersondoug

Post by jeppersondoug »

wadoka wrote:Just a quick message to the wider Wado family to say that Shiomitsu Sensei visited every day on the Wado Academy Winter Course in Guildford last week.

Sensei has a long journey still but the fact that was able to traverse the dojo floor in his wheelchair whilst we were training was fantastic to see. It put the instructors and those near under a lot of pressure, but that is no different to before! ha ha.

That is such good news, I have been wondering about his health
jeppersondoug

Post by jeppersondoug »

It was just a few years ago Sensei Shiomitsu was teaching in my dojo, it would be nice to see him again

Doug

wadoka wrote:Just a quick message to the wider Wado family to say that Shiomitsu Sensei visited every day on the Wado Academy Winter Course in Guildford last week.

wadoka
Site Admin

Post by wadoka »

Am just going to reuse an old post to say that Shiomitsu Sensei was at the Wado Academy Summer Course recently visiting for the one day.

For the first time we saw him take some steps from his wheelchair to take his seat for the group photo. It was lovely to see. There's still a long way to go. When he shakes my hand, he's still got a strong grip!
oneya

Post by oneya »

A friend of mine named Brad who started Wado ryu with me in 1965 was graded 5th Dan at this Winter course. Don'cha just love this wado ryu thing we have..??

oneya
Reg Kear.
Wado Kokusai San no Ya.

http://www.sannoya.com