Wado Trophy - Aug 10th Stockholm, Sweden

Put your notices on forthcoming events and post-event write ups.
Gusei21

Wado Trophy - Aug 10th Stockholm, Sweden

Post by Gusei21 »

There will be an all Wado competition on August 10th in Stockholm, Sweden.
The event will be open to all Wado karateka and will include both kumite and kata.
The competition will be officiated under WKF rules.
The kata division will limited to Wado kata.
There will also be a division for competitors with disabilities.

This will be an international competition but registration is open to all individuals.

For more information

http://www.wadotrophy.se/
Bob Nash
Gusei21

Re: Wado Trophy - Aug 10th Stockholm, Sweden

Post by Gusei21 »

This weekend I was in attendance in Stockholm at the All Wado Trophy.
The event was run seamlessly by Johan Ossa and was overseen by Javier Escalante, General Secretary of the Swedish Karate Federation and the secretary for the WKF Referee commission.

What impressed me the most was seeing JKF Wadokai, WIKF and Wado ryu Renmei competitors competing side by side.
The Swedish WIKF competitors competed with full knowledge that the Swedish WIKF leadership will express disapproval of their participation since they are actively discouraged from mixing with other Wado groups.
The officials were supplied by the Swedish Karate Federation to ensure neutrality.

There was also a division for disabled athletes overseen by Pontus Johansson, the head of ABCD Budokai Sweden.
Sensei Johansson is hoping that next year they will have more disabled athletes participating in this karate event.

I am looking forward to next years' event when more Wado karateka from all around Europe will be participating in this event as they put aside their petty organizational differences in the spirit of friendship and Wa.

http://www.wadotrophy.se/
Attachments
pontus.jpg
pontus.jpg (85.65 KiB) Viewed 7712 times
jodankick.jpg
jodankick.jpg (104.3 KiB) Viewed 7712 times
Bob Nash