Documentary

General discussions on Wado Ryu karate and associated martial arts.
blackcat

Re: Documentary

Post by blackcat »

WKU wrote:I see you're are sorted for a copy Reg. I plan to watch it this week end, so I hope it's good!
Regards
Kate Williams
Don't leave it too late Kate, it says its only there for another 3 days. I thought it was a good piece of TV.

The Suzuki sections are frustratingly short, the first is the footage of him from 1966 supervising basics which is on Pathe or Movietone but the other is him and Maeda Tadayuki. Looks like the old UKKF dojo off Judd St, but maybe Reg and Rob can confirm once they've seen it. The JKA film is quite a surprise - Alan Whicker in Tokyo standing amongst Kanazawa, Nakayama and others in late 1950's, classic old BBC tv.

The sequence with the karateka fighting off a gang is a young Tommy Morris by the look of it.

Ben
oneya

Post by oneya »

WKU wrote:I see you're are sorted for a copy Reg. I plan to watch it this week end, so I hope it's good!
Regards
Kate Williams
Yes, it sounds like I may have a copy for the week-end Kate but thanks again for your offer.

Ben. I have a dim memory of an Alan Whicker program in Japan with the Shoto people from years ago too... Rob wondered if it was worth spending an hour out of one's allotment but with rain forecast for the week-end it may be interesting to see it again if only for the hair styles..

oneya
Reg Kear.
Wado Kokusai San no Ya.

http://www.sannoya.com
Tim49

Post by Tim49 »

blackcat wrote:
Regards
Kate Williams
Don't leave it too late Kate, it says its only there for another 3 days. I thought it was a good piece of TV.

The Suzuki sections are frustratingly short, the first is the footage of him from 1966 supervising basics which is on Pathe or Movietone but the other is him and Maeda Tadayuki. Looks like the old UKKF dojo off Judd St, but maybe Reg and Rob can confirm once they've seen it. The JKA film is quite a surprise - Alan Whicker in Tokyo standing amongst Kanazawa, Nakayama and others in late 1950's, classic old BBC tv.

The sequence with the karateka fighting off a gang is a young Tommy Morris by the look of it.

Ben
Hi Ben,
I don't think it's Maeda Sensei, it looks like Wakamei Sensei.

Tim Shaw
Essex
UK
WKU

Post by WKU »

Hi Ben

I saw it was only available on the BBC for 5 days or so, so i made a copy I can watch whenever.

Looking forward to coming up your way later in the year.

Kate
Kate Williams