Washington DC Wado-Ryu Club

Put your notices on forthcoming events and post-event write ups.
dcwado

Washington DC Wado-Ryu Club

Post by dcwado »

Just wanted to let everyone know there's a club in Washington DC. We're fairly new but have had people from all over the world stop by. I'm sure maybe some ex-students of the highly regarded instructors on this forum. The club has served as somewhat of a refuge fro wadoka all over the world, some who have been out of practice for a while. Right now we have a former Nichidai captain and another black belt who has had some formidable training with different wado instructors. We've also had some visitors from Australia, as well as pending visitors from the Philippines, Vietnam, and other parts of the world.

If you're ever in town, feel free to stop by and enrich our club.

Michael David
Michael David
AG1

Re: Washington DC Wado-Ryu Club

Post by AG1 »

Thanks Michael - I occassionally visit DC to call on my bosses, I'll make sure to stop by next time I do.
Is there a website?

Best,
Arturo Girona
Wado Kokusai KarateDo Renmei
dcwado

Post by dcwado »

Yes, I just added to my profile.

www.dcwado.org.

Looking forward to that day.

Michael
Michael David
AG1

Post by AG1 »

Thanks for that. We have a WIKF student from Chile in DC studying at American University, I'll ask him to get in touch with you. I am a student of Suzuki Tatsuo Sensei and learned from your website that Mr Harlan has trained under him. I think it's great to have a Wado school in DC. Wish you all the best.
Yours in Wado,
Arturo Girona
Wado Kokusai KarateDo Renmei
dcwado

Post by dcwado »

That would be great. As you can tell from the pictures, we are still small, only having started a few months ago. We can use all the quality members we can get. We have a great group now under great instruction from the Harlans (who haven't stopped seeking instruction/improvement even after 30 years of training) . He's more than welcome to come when he likes. I'm sure he'll feel more than comfortable.

Michael
Michael David