Earthquake

General chat on non-martial arts talk such as wine, food, travel and so on.
oneya

Re: Earthquake

Post by oneya »

Just heard some good news from same sources that Hakoishi sensei is fine and in good health...

Oneya
Reg Kear.
Wado Kokusai San no Ya.

http://www.sannoya.com
blackcat

Post by blackcat »

It is true I am pleased to say - Hayasaka sensei (his student who performs the tantodori with him) is also safe. I think Morioka was spared as it is further in land. It is the electricity and telephone network which prevented contact.

Ben
blackcat

Post by blackcat »

I received this email today from someone in Saitama, just outside of Tokyo, explaining the current situation in Japan:
Well,there is a series of aftershocks and many people are still nervous.There was an earthquake yesterday and was a blackout temporarily. There is a relatively big one once in a week,though I am located inSaitama prefecture,next to Tokyo and it is a little bit distant from theearthquake center. There was a blackout many times since the earthquake.
I guess it disappears from the news headlines but its still very much a reality there. Someone else wrote to me to say there is limited karate training at the moment in the evenings as many public places are shut to limit use of electricity.

Ben
Craven

Post by Craven »

Hi Ben,
Thanks for the update. You would think with all these forums dedicated to Japanese Martial Arts that there would be more interest in what is going on?

It seems to be mainly in the north where things are really bad. There is a nice blog post on budoseek from Russ Ebert which is worth reading http://www.budoseek.net/vbulletin/entry ... pring.....

All the best,

DJ