Wado, budo, self-defence.... What's it all about?

General discussions on Wado Ryu karate and associated martial arts.
acer

Re: Wado, budo, self-defence.... What's it all about?

Post by acer »

Acer, if there is one thing in this world you can be certain of it is that I am not your friend.
When someone speaks the truth it’s not welcome for many.Oh well..

I am talking about KK #1 = Ura is not the 36 kumite gata I refer to but what is behind the syllabus technique.
In ura wazu the techniques can differ.
No I m sorry...There is not a single Kihon Kumite,ura or not,that the attack is hook punch to the face!Suzuki NEVER teach any of that.Stop the lies...

The problem seems to be that you have not done enough training in wado to know what you are talking about. Maybe a little more time training in the dojo is better than your incessant whinging.
The problem for some is that I have done enough training and I can recognize when someone talking with lies,especially when someone speaks about Suzuki sensei...
blackcat

Post by blackcat »

I've been reading the recent threads with amusement and it reminded me I want to watch this film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLEo7H9tqSM

Wadoka, sorry it is off thread!

Ben
acer

Post by acer »

Sure,someone doesn’t agree with us,his argument cant shoot down so let just lie called him stupid and troll...
That will fix everything...
blackcat

Post by blackcat »

acer wrote:Sure,someone doesn’t agree with us,his argument cant shoot down so let just lie called him stupid and troll...
Acer,

It isn't the premise which is at issue, it is the endless repetition across threads.

Several people have supported your view that hook punch training is a useful addition to training. I don't think many people posting are really in a position to influence whether the leaders of the main schools should add this 'to the syllabus' so no sense wasting further time on that.

Regarding Tatsuo Suzuki, were you a direct student of him?

Ben
Gusei21

Post by Gusei21 »

[quote="acer
The problem for some is that I have done enough training and I can recognize when someone talking with lies,especially when someone speaks about Suzuki sensei...[/quote]

I knew Suzuki Sensei was full of it when he gave Oneya a 7th dan, his other brother an 8th dan and his other brother a 7th dan!!!!
Bob Nash
shep

Post by shep »

acer

This really has gone full circle hasnt it. There are no lies or liars here. Many of us have stated that if your not happy with your Wado then deal with it or go elsewhere where you will find a martial art that satisfies your lust for hook and takedown 'drills'

I really am leaving this thread now

shep
zim

Post by zim »

blackcat wrote:
acer wrote:Sure,someone doesn’t agree with us,his argument cant shoot down so let just lie called him stupid and troll...
Acer,

It isn't the premise which is at issue, it is the endless repetition across threads.

Several people have supported your view that hook punch training is a useful addition to training. I don't think many people posting are really in a position to influence whether the leaders of the main schools should add this 'to the syllabus' so no sense wasting further time on that.

Regarding Tatsuo Suzuki, were you a direct student of him?

Ben
I have to agree with you there, Ben. Even as a steadfast lurker, I am growing bored of this.

Acer, if what you search for is reality, perhaps you should ring Brad Pitt and find the local fight club? As Tim so clearly stated in an early post, the psychological and physical conditions present in an actual confrontation are near impossible to recreate in the dojo setting.

There have been a number of members who have entertained your ramblings and given you some pearls of wisdom along the way. It's a shame you choose to ignore them.

Reigi o omonji - respect and courtesy for everything.

I believe that lesson could be a bit more valueable than worrying about changing syllabuses.

Cheers,

Chris
Chris Zimmerman
oneya

Post by oneya »

- Acer said = " No I m sorry...There is not a single Kihon Kumite,ura or not,that the attack is hook punch to the face!Suzuki NEVER teach any of that.Stop the lies..."
Ah I did not say the 'attack' was hook to the face - sori, I said "I learned about straight, curve and hook punches from Suzuki sensei" I was talking about an ura waza of kihon kumite ipponme and the counter punch - which obviously Suzuki sensei didn't teach to you... !!

Sori again, He also taught defense against a curve or hook punch in Sanbon kumite jodan but maybe you were not in the dojo that day.

Another thing he taught was for his wado students always to be gentlemen with good manners especially in public and not go around insulting people they do not know because you may be insulting another one of his students. You are being disrespectful and this foolishness, in turn, will lose you the respect of people on this forum.

oneya
Reg Kear.
Wado Kokusai San no Ya.

http://www.sannoya.com
yabumi

Post by yabumi »

Acer, You are disturbing the equilibrium. Do be a good fellow and be quiet for a while.
wadoka
Site Admin

Post by wadoka »

OK, I think that particular course has ran out of steam and is adding no further value. People have recognised that there is a lot of additional training in the dojo that does not have a line item on the syllabus. People are free to explore and incorporate. That is all down to the dojo that you belong to, or whether you can exert an influence as a senior or instructor.

I don't think there is much else to be said on hooking et al.