Tobikomi zuki-nagashi zuki

General discussions on Wado Ryu karate and associated martial arts.
karateman7

Re: Tobikomi zuki-nagashi zuki

Post by karateman7 »

The 'holes' you find have their 'lifespan' in your not understanding.
Ah, such a great quote. It can be applied to so many faucets of life. It's almost Hitchens-like.

[*]Edit-Oneya-like[*]
Sergio Phillipe
wadoka
Site Admin

Post by wadoka »

Aristeas wrote: Recently I had the chance to discuss this with my original sensei and in conversation the veil finally lifted. The movement in nagashi-zuki is the same movement as the sword technique, getting your whole body outside of the line of the incoming cut, obviously the first and most important thing to avoid a short future. The second movement, in Wado the 'pushing' strike, is, in fact, the right sword technique, simply running the edge of the sword (or even a knife) along the side of the opponent's neck, cutting the carotid artery.
In the minuscule swordplay, as I will call it, that I have done I have toyed with say taking up migi shiznetai with the arms down and the sword at a 30-45 degree angle, "mu gamae" we call it, and then making the nagashi zuki type action. The end aim is a slice across the side of the neck.

My nagashi zuki is no better for it though. There is always tomorrow.
oneya

Post by oneya »

karateman7 wrote:
The 'holes' you find have their 'lifespan' in your not understanding.
Ah, such a great quote. It can be applied to so many faucets of life. It's almost Hitchens-like.

--Oneya-like
Ah poor ol' Christopher Hitchens, one of the few men with the intellect and willpower to change his political stance as he grew to understand it was dependent on the frailties of human beings. I hope he is as successful with his present plight.

oneya

www.sannoya.com