JKF Wadokai Seminar - Manchester

Put your notices on forthcoming events and post-event write ups.
WKU

Re: JKF Wadokai Seminar - Manchester

Post by WKU »

wadoka wrote:Kate, I have converted it to a 44Mb WMV file.

I can get it to you if you like. I don't want to put onto my server because of the bandwidth usage myself. You could then upload that onto YouTube and let them handle it.
Thanks Wadoka. It's a large file to email so if you just put it on your server somewhere and send me the link by email (kmw@201bpm.com) I'll switch it with the file that's on my site and let you know so you can delete it from your server. What program did you use for the conversion by the way?

Cheers

Kate
Kate Williams
wadoka
Site Admin

Post by wadoka »

Just uploading now and I will email you once finished.

I changed the .vob file extension to .mpeg and then imported into Windows Movie Maker and then saved it out using the options to create a reasonable sized file.

Obviously quality is not as good but access is better for all involved. Once again thank you to you and the WKU for making it available.
WKU

Post by WKU »

That's brilliant, thanks. Downloaded fine and putting it up now.

What is really good about video is there is no hiding! To take one point, if you look at about 3 mins and 30 seconds you'll see Shimura Sensei do a gyakazuki followed by Jake doing the same. Look at their back feet. Shimura correctly uses the floor to drive power through his hips into the punch; Jake drags his back foot a little which means he is not generating as much power as he could (and he is an excellent and very effective karateka, I am not picking on him honest). This is a small but massively important point. Check it out next time you teach/train.

Cheers

Kate
Kate Williams
shep

Post by shep »

Thanks wadoka/Kate. I dont know what you both did but its working fine now

shep