Martial Arts survey university research project

General discussions on Wado Ryu karate and associated martial arts.
wadoka
Site Admin

Martial Arts survey university research project

Post by wadoka »

I was sent this message from Viki Lloyd, a Wado-ka from Reading.

I am writing to you as I am involved with a research project at the University of Reading which is being lead by Dr Carol Fuller into the health, fitness, well being, value and identity benefits of martial arts practice. The outcomes of this research will be helpful to all of us who support and enjoy East Asian martial arts and wish to encourage greater participation in traditional and authentic styles.

This is an ambitious piece of research and we believe it is groundbreaking for the UK. The findings will be published in a peer reviewed academic journal once all the data has been gathered and analysed. It is intended that this will be an initial piece of research and that there will be subsequent and more detailed work in the future.

I would be very appreciative if you would take the time (it should take no more than 10 minutes) to complete the short survey which has been designed and is available at this link: - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Martial_Arts

If you are an instructor, I would encourage you to circulate this email among your students and ask them to complete the survey too. If you have friends in the martial arts world, please feel free to forward this email to them and ask them to complete the survey. If you need to print off copies of the survey for those who do not use computers, please send the completed forms to me at my home address.

Let me know if you would like to have a full copy of the research paper once it is published. This analysis can be used on your website to explain to potential students the physical and mental well being effects of martial arts practice and can be sent to the local newspapers in your area to market your club or school. Please complete the survey by 31st October 2015.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this email, and thank you in advance for any time you spend publicising and encouraging others to complete the survey.

If you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact me. Finally, I apologise to those colleagues who receive this email more than once due to being on multiple distribution lists.

With very best wishes, Viki Lloyd

Martial Arts Research Study Survey