Sanbon kumite

General discussions on Wado Ryu karate and associated martial arts.
Gusei21

Re: Sanbon kumite

Post by Gusei21 »

acer wrote:Take it easy you are in dangerous age after all...The heart attack is in the corner…He he
Work deadlines might give me a heart attack.
Women might give me a heart attack.
Stupid people don't give me heart attacks unless they vote.
Irony is lost on morons so I won't even bother explaining Kusotare.

Speaking of heart attacks I saw Demura Sensei a few weeks ago. He had a stroke about a year ago.
It almost took his life. He has made a long road to recovery. He gets by with an aid of a walker and his speech is pretty much back.
Not sure if he will ever make a full recovery but he says he is a lot better than when he had the stroke.
Acer gave me an idea though. When Otsuka Sensei did his sword defense he would say that he 'killed the opponent'. He would be referring to the point at which he entered into the opponent's space and physically connected with the swordsman while the swordsman still had the sword in hand.
In other words the swordsman still had the sword in hand but Otsuka Sensei would claim that he himself had already killed the opponent with his bare hands.
This idea of having 'killed the opponent' (aite ga shinderu) within this context of sword defense is something I want to expand upon but I will open up another topic since going down that road is major topic drift. Perhaps later today or tomorrow. I would like to share my thoughts/opinion on what it means and how to 'kill the opponent' in this context because I think understanding this will give a greater appreciation for what Wado brings to the karate table.
Bob Nash
Gary

Post by Gary »

That sounds interesting Bob!

Gary
Gary Needham
Walton Wado Karate Club

清漣館双水執流英国稽古会
http://seirenkanuk.wordpress.com/
oneya

Post by oneya »

Hi Bob,

Heartening news on Demura sensei.

oneya
Reg Kear.
Wado Kokusai San no Ya.

http://www.sannoya.com
AG1

Post by AG1 »

acer wrote:This is Suzuki's Sanbon Kumite..1-4 Jodan uke and shoto/uchi uke.On the other videos there are the mae geri 1-6 too.
Acer, may be inspired or copied from Suzuki Sensei's Sanbon but as Reg Kear already explained definitely not his.
Arturo Girona
Wado Kokusai KarateDo Renmei
acer

Post by acer »

Acer, may be inspired or copied from Suzuki Sensei's Sanbon but as Reg Kear already explained definitely not his.
Again this is is Suzuki's (WIKF) Sanbon Kumite..1-4 Jodan uke and shoto/uchi uke.On the other videos there are the mae geri 1-6 too.Performed not very good but anyway that what they are.All the WIKF are train in those and have them for kyu/Dan exams.
Here is a video with all Sanbon kumite (Suzuki's WIKF)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28LXxlH5muQ