JKF Wadokai Seminar - Manchester

Put your notices on forthcoming events and post-event write ups.
Gary

JKF Wadokai Seminar - Manchester

Post by Gary »

Hi all,

Just thought I’d drop a quick few lines in about the course at the weekend with Shimura and Katsube sensei.

It was a great course and it was good to hook up at long last with Shep. It’d be interesting to know if there were any other “All Wado” folk there that we weren’t aware of? I couldn’t make the Friday evening session, but was there bright and early for the start of the Saturday training (or as bright as I could be after dragging myself out of my pit at 4.30 am).

The focus for the weekend was on detail, and we were asked repeatedly to pay attention to this so that techniques could be understood and absorbed correctly.

As well as kihon, we covered:

Pinan Nidan, Shodan and Yondan along with the Wadokai shitei kata – Kushanku, Naihanchi, Niseishi and Seishan [edit] and Chinto of course.

Kihon Gumite – 2,3,5,6,7 and 8 – some with application/variations

Plus... we all had to take turns in cleaning the dojo floor Japanese style – which was fun.

So there was more than enough for me to chew on for a long time to come.

Just like to say thanks to Ben (Blackcat) for hosting the seminar – who worked his backside off .

Top job.

Gary
Gary Needham
Walton Wado Karate Club

清漣館双水執流英国稽古会
http://seirenkanuk.wordpress.com/
Tim49

Re: JKF Wadokai Seminar - Manchester

Post by Tim49 »

Gary wrote:Hi all,

Just thought I’d drop a quick few lines in about the course at the weekend with Shimura and Katsube sensei.

It was a great course and it was good to hook up at long last with Shep. It’d be interesting to know if there were any other “All Wado” folk there that we weren’t aware of? I couldn’t make the Friday evening session, but was there bright and early for the start of the Saturday training (or as bright as I could be after dragging myself out of my pit at 4.30 am).

The focus for the weekend was on detail, and we were asked repeatedly to pay attention to this so that techniques could be understood and absorbed correctly.

As well as kihon, we covered:

Pinan Nidan, Shodan and Yondan along with the Wadokai shitei kata – Kushanku, Naihanchi, Niseishi and Seishan [edit] and Chinto of course.

Kihon Gumite – 2,3,5,6,7 and 8 – some with application/variations

Plus... we all had to take turns in cleaning the dojo floor Japanese style – which was fun.

So there was more than enough for me to chew on for a long time to come.

Just like to say thanks to Ben (Blackcat) for hosting the seminar – who worked his backside off .

Top job.

Gary
Photos?

Tim
shep

Post by shep »

Hi Tim

There was an official photographer there (she got a picture of the three of us for the forum) so I'm sure Ben will upload when he gets time. No private photo's were allowed to be taken during the seminar

shep
blackcat

Post by blackcat »

Thanks for the kind words Gary, glad you enjoyed it so much.

I need a few days to catch up on my business so will upload all the photo's on flikr and put a few here. Photographer (amateur not pro - just had some time on her hands!) took about 600 pictures...

Ben
wadoka
Site Admin

Post by wadoka »

Look forward to seeing the photos. Hopefully the evenings were just as enjoyable.
WKU

Post by WKU »

Great course and good to see Wado students from lots of different groups training and learning together. Thanks for organising it Ben.
Kate Williams
blackcat

Post by blackcat »

Some brief details added here with a couple of photo's: http://www.wadokai-manchester.org/Wadokai_Seminar.html
I will try and upload all the photo's over the weekend.

They've returned to Japan now but did a further seminar in London on Tuesday evening, so it may be that someone at that event is able to upload some images.

Ben
WKU

Post by WKU »

I'll upload some images from the London course as soon as I get them organised.
Kate Williams
shep

Post by shep »

Hi WKU

Sorry we seemed to have missed you at the Manchester course. Maybe next time

shep
WKU

Post by WKU »

Hi shep

I was there Friday and Saturday but had a cycling event already arranged for the Sunday so couldn't stay on. I did think of you all though as I struggled up some of the hills!

Cheers

Kate
Kate Williams