Zenshinshite jodan, renzuki Chudan

General discussions on Wado Ryu karate and associated martial arts.
Ichiro

Zenshinshite jodan, renzuki Chudan

Post by Ichiro »

Konnichiwa watashi no tomodachi.

Hello, my fellow Karateka.

This is my first post on a forum so please be gentle. :-)

I have been studying Wado Ryu on and off for the past few years and wanted to get back into it as I missed the training. Also I found my old syllabus.

I remember everything except for 'Zenshinshite jodan, Renzuki chudan.' Now I have tried searching the website for keywords and another forum, Google etc but I can't find an exact explaination.

If my memory serves me correctly, in my old club we used to have, 'Left Fighting Stance, then, left tobikomizuki jodan with (sliding forward in same stance), then basically a gyakuzuki chudan.'

However, from reading on the web, some say what I remember and others say, 'Left fighting stance, step back leg forward into Right Fighting Stance and tobikomizuki with right followed with a gyakuzuki chudan.'

I am lost, please could someone explain to me the correct way to conduct these during renraku waza?

Ichiro
steveig

Re: Zenshinshite jodan, renzuki Chudan

Post by steveig »

Hi Ichiro,
Welcome to the forum.We used to do these combinations some years ago as part of the grading syllabus, step forward as in ayumi ashi, the one you remember is okuri ashi (sliding forward and punching with the leading arm).
We did that also.
Steve.
Steve Greenwood.
www.chezvalade.com
Ichiro

Post by Ichiro »

steveig wrote:Hi Ichiro,
Welcome to the forum.We used to do these combinations some years ago as part of the grading syllabus, step forward as in ayumi ashi, the one you remember is okuri ashi (sliding forward and punching with the leading arm).
We did that also.
Steve.
Thank you very much for taking the time to answer. However, I an still lost. Which way is it? Are you saying that zenshinshite is ayumi ashi and that I should step back leg to front then do tobikomi jodan, gyakuzuki chudan?
WadoAJ

Post by WadoAJ »

Hi ichiro,

Probably like ohyo gumite ipponme.

AJ
AJ van Dijk

President & Chief Instructor Wadokai Holland
General Secretary FEW Federation European Wadokai
http://www.WadokaiOnline.com - Wado Books // Wado DVDs
http://www.wadokai.nl
http://www.fewkarate.com
steveig

Post by steveig »

Ichiro wrote:
We did that also.
Steve.
Thank you very much for taking the time to answer. However, I an still lost. Which way is it? Are you saying that zenshinshite is ayumi ashi and that I should step back leg to front then do tobikomi jodan, gyakuzuki chudan?
Thats the way we did it.
Steve,
PS As AJ says ohyo ipponme.
Steve Greenwood.
www.chezvalade.com
Ichiro

Post by Ichiro »

steveig wrote:
Ichiro wrote:
We did that also.
Steve.
Thats the way we did it.
Steve,
PS As AJ says ohyo ipponme.

Konbanwa,

Domo arigatou!

Ohyo gumite ipponme makes perfect sense! Thank you all for your replies. Much appreciated.

Ja mata!

Ichiro
Gusei21

Post by Gusei21 »

Ichiro wrote:
Konbanwa,

Domo arigatou!

Ohyo gumite ipponme makes perfect sense! Thank you all for your replies. Much appreciated.

Ja mata!

Ichiro
Ichiro as in Suzuki? You a Mariner's fan?
Bob Nash
oneya

Post by oneya »

Hi Ichiro, can I ask where you train?

Reason is ohyo kumite is not set in stone neither is renrakuwaza so - unless your current sensei has a preference - you might want to consider both ayumi ashi and okuri ashi ways equally for more balanced training.

oneya
Reg Kear.
Wado Kokusai San no Ya.

http://www.sannoya.com
Ichiro

Post by Ichiro »

Gusei21 wrote:
Ichiro wrote:
Konbanwa,

Domo arigatou!

Ja mata!

Ichiro
Ichiro as in Suzuki? You a Mariner's fan?
Konnichiwa,

Ichiro Suzuki, Seattle Mariners baseball. The first Japanese born player to play stateside and break a few records on the way.
oneya wrote:Hi Ichiro, can I ask where you train?

Reason is ohyo kumite is not set in stone neither is renrakuwaza so - unless your current sensei has a preference - you might want to consider both ayumi ashi and okuri ashi ways equally for more balanced training.

oneya
Oneya-san,

I will keep in mind ayumi ashi and okuri ashi. Train both for speed, technique and power.

Ja mata
Ichiro
Gusei21

Post by Gusei21 »

Ichiro wrote:
Ichiro Suzuki, Seattle Mariners baseball. The first Japanese born player to play stateside and break a few records on the way.
Ja mata
Ichiro
Masanori Murakami pitched for the San Francisco Giants in 1964. He was the first Japanese to play in MLB.
Ichiro was not even born yet. Yu Darvish is your man. His father is Iranian and his mother is Japanese. Best pitcher in Japan is now playing for the Texas Rangers..making 60 million dollars for six years...
Bob Nash