Renzoku waza

General discussions on Wado Ryu karate and associated martial arts.
mezusmo

Re: Renzoku waza

Post by mezusmo »

Did you just use the word 'aikido' in this forum?....bad bad bad...

Whats wrong with Aikido??

Mezusmo
Martin Duffy
Gary

Post by Gary »

Bunnies!?
Gary Needham
Walton Wado Karate Club

清漣館双水執流英国稽古会
http://seirenkanuk.wordpress.com/
oneya

Post by oneya »

mezusmo wrote:Did you just use the word 'aikido' in this forum?....bad bad bad...

Mezusmo
Hi mezumo

There is nothing wrong with Aikido per se - but just to clarify: I was suggesting that wado was perhaps more pragmatic than Aikido both in essence and reality and yet could carry a similar message where a measure of unity in its paired kata is required to achieve a result.

This brought up the 3 lemons which may cause a diversion so perhaps we need an emoticon for: * Not everything written or alluded to here is meant to be pejorative in nature so please leave that sword in its scabbard cause we are only running tongue in cheek kata the moment.* ??

oneya
Reg Kear.
Wado Kokusai San no Ya.

http://www.sannoya.com
blackcat

Post by blackcat »

So G., did you take the grading test? Did you get through the combination ok in the end?

Ben
wadoka
Site Admin

Post by wadoka »

If you mean me then no, grading is a while away!
mezusmo

Post by mezusmo »

oneya wrote:
mezusmo wrote:Did you just use the word 'aikido' in this forum?....bad bad bad...

Mezusmo
Hi mezumo

There is nothing wrong with Aikido per se - but just to clarify: I was suggesting that wado was perhaps more pragmatic than Aikido both in essence and reality and yet could carry a similar message where a measure of unity in its paired kata is required to achieve a result.

This brought up the 3 lemons which may cause a diversion so perhaps we need an emoticon for: * Not everything written or alluded to here is meant to be pejorative in nature so please leave that sword in its scabbard cause we are only running tongue in cheek kata the moment.* ??

oneya

Hi oneya

Fair enough,as i am new to these forums i will keep my barrings.I was just genuinely puzzled.My question was not mean't to come across as provocative.
regards

mezusmo
Martin Duffy
mezusmo

Post by mezusmo »

Gary wrote:Bunnies!?
Hi,

Not all aikidoka are bunnies.

Mezusmo
Martin Duffy
blackcat

Post by blackcat »

mezusmo wrote:
Gary wrote:Bunnies!?
Hi,

Not all aikidoka are bunnies.

Mezusmo
Nothing wrong with Aikido. Gary is just having fun (or I imagine he is - sure he will speak for himself). A lot of people who have learned koryu systems in Japan get there through aikido in the first place, so they refer to the new people coming into Japan to learn aikido as 'bunnies' because there are so many folks doing it.

I am sure 90% of this thread has nothing to do with the original post!

Ben
Gusei21

Post by Gusei21 »

blackcat wrote: they refer to the new people coming into Japan to learn aikido as 'bunnies' because there are so many folks doing it.
Ben
I thought it was because bunnies 'flop'....hence the term aikibunny. Now where is that tongue in cheek emoticon?
Ajari told me once that he trained at Uyeshiba's dojo. Ajari is from Wakayama, the same place as Uyeshiba's dojo.
Apparently he went to Uyeshiba's dojo as a young Goju stud and walked away unimpressed because they could not throw him when he stood firm in zenkutsudachi. Somehow me thinks he missed the point of the drill but whatever...at least he got to meet the man.
Bob Nash
Gary

Post by Gary »

blackcat wrote:Nothing wrong with Aikido. Gary is just having fun (or I imagine he is - sure he will speak for himself). A lot of people who have learned koryu systems in Japan get there through aikido in the first place, so they refer to the new people coming into Japan to learn aikido as 'bunnies' because there are so many folks doing it.

I am sure 90% of this thread has nothing to do with the original post!

Ben
My bad I should have used " ;) " after the word.
Gary Needham
Walton Wado Karate Club

清漣館双水執流英国稽古会
http://seirenkanuk.wordpress.com/