experiences in other MA dojos

General discussions on Wado Ryu karate and associated martial arts.
karateman7

Re: experiences in other MA dojos

Post by karateman7 »

wadoka wrote:Pizza in a Chinese restaurant? Now that is topic drift.
Haha so true. But I'd never go into a Chinese restaurant and yell at the cook for not making pizza because it's my preferred food. That was the point.
Sergio Phillipe
wadoka
Site Admin

Post by wadoka »

Acer, I see you are repeating the same line of interaction from 2 years ago on YouTube videos. Didn't have to look far and I won't spend another minute looking further.

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=5a7KvpFx7Uc
Tim49

Post by Tim49 »

wadoka wrote:Acer, I see you are repeating the same line of interaction from 2 years ago on YouTube videos. Didn't have to look far and I won't spend another minute looking further.

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=5a7KvpFx7Uc
Acer,
Too, too funny, how very grown up.
Hmm, let me remember.... did you once ask me when I asked for a page number if I was 5 years old?

Maturity seems to be somewhat in short supply.

Tim
acer

Post by acer »

Acer, I see you are repeating the same line of interaction from 2 years ago on YouTube videos. Didn't have to look far and I won't spend another minute looking further.
Nope.Just a great Idol.cant say anything else,sorry.
Hard to be the victim of a double leg take-down when you're not there in the first place, don't you think
Sure if someone will attack you with junzuki you can react with tai sabai because you are train for.If someone attack you with an attack that you never train in your life such as double leg take down not in your dreams... But please just make a little test would you?Find a BJJ black belt spar with him and see for your self how easily or not can react with tai sabaki in his attacks.Then we can talk again ok?I'll be waiting....
majin29

Post by majin29 »

acer wrote:
Nope.Just a great Idol.cant say anything else,sorry.
Hard to be the victim of a double leg take-down when you're not there in the first place, don't you think
Sure if someone will attack you with junzuki you can react with tai sabai because you are train for.If someone attack you with an attack that you never train in your life such as double leg take down not in your dreams... But please just make a little test would you?Find a BJJ black belt spar with him and see for your self how easily or not can react with tai sabaki in his attacks.Then we can talk again ok?I'll be waiting....
Well seeing that I'm not a black belt, I don't think that would be fair now wouldn't it? And I've actually trained in Japanese Jujitsu so I'd probably rely on those techniques or else I'd just knee the guy in the face if it was a street encounter (very unlikely to happen anyhow).

And I don't agree with your assessment about taisabaki being only effective for junsuki. I've sparred with my sensei and regardless of whether it's a punch or kick or general advance, he was able to move away from my attack and hit me as a result. Match up a Wado BB and BJJ blackbelt and I think the odds would be more even than you seem to think. But hey, I'm not a Wado veteran so what do I know? I'm only speculating based on what I've learned so far and what I've witnessed in class from higher ranks. One of our sensei's is incredible fast. I honestly think a double leg take down on him would be unlikely. Surely as a Wado practioner, you know that a lot of this MA is timing and speed. Reading the intent of the opponent and reacting before the attack.

But, once again, BJJ guys have enjoyed the luxury of applying 90% of their art while karateka cannot for the obvious reason that atemi waza done full out would harm the uke.
David Coscina
Tim49

Post by Tim49 »

Majin29,
Be very careful when you use the words Tai Sabaki;… the meaning is much wider than you think. (Acer’s comments about Tai Sabaki to me display his lack of understanding about what Tai Sabaki can encompass.)

If he knew what he was talking about he would have (a) defined his meaning, and, (b) not come to that particular conclusion.

Tim
majin29

Post by majin29 »

Tim49 wrote:Majin29,
Be very careful when you use the words Tai Sabaki;… the meaning is much wider than you think. (Acer’s comments about Tai Sabaki to me display his lack of understanding about what Tai Sabaki can encompass.)

If he knew what he was talking about he would have (a) defined his meaning, and, (b) not come to that particular conclusion.

Tim
Thanks Tim, as you can probably see, I'm very green at Wado. I guess I shouldn't really engage in discourse about the art until I have trained longer and know better what I'm talking about. I appreciate the heads up.

David
David Coscina
kyudo

Post by kyudo »

When visiting another dojo, the question whether or not you can beat the crap out of the host or vv is pretty stupid. It also disregards budo spirit, as far as I understand that concept. If you go anywhere, go to learn, do not go to prove anything.
It is basically the same mistake that the Win Chun guys made in the story that started this thread. If you want to pick a fight, I'd suggest you search the biggest badass wavemaster you can find and go at it…

…lest anyone forgets what this thread was all about.
Igor Asselbergs
http://kyudokan.nl/
acer

Post by acer »

I know what Tai Sabaki is but I also know that Meijin now starts his training so I use it just like he thinks it is so that we can understand each other.If you just look his answer you will know that is out of reality.Anyone with a little experience in spar with grapplers will now what is true and what is imagination.I mean ''knee the guy in the face'' ?
Everybody know that BJJ fighters are training how to close the distance and make the takedown without anyone can counter them so easily with knee empi etc...!!!!
That’s only show lack of experience that’s why I repeat :please spar with a white belt (its better for you?) and see what will happen...
WadoAJ

Post by WadoAJ »

Acer,

you only seem to rely on "go no sen".

AJ

edit: if you even use sente
AJ van Dijk

President & Chief Instructor Wadokai Holland
General Secretary FEW Federation European Wadokai
http://www.WadokaiOnline.com - Wado Books // Wado DVDs
http://www.wadokai.nl