experiences in other MA dojos

General discussions on Wado Ryu karate and associated martial arts.
acer

Re: experiences in other MA dojos

Post by acer »

Waste of a lifetime=train in limited things (only straight punches) or wrong train in wrong things (imagine how the other will move but never search and train how they do in reality) and think you are cover...But thats only my opinion anyway...
oneya

Post by oneya »

acer wrote:Waste of a lifetime=train in limited things (only straight punches) or wrong train in wrong things ..

+Acer,

How d'you think Ohtsuka meijin and Suzuki sensei ever managed without you to advise them about wado ryu.

oneya
Reg Kear.
Wado Kokusai San no Ya.

http://www.sannoya.com
WadoAJ

Post by WadoAJ »

Acer,

You say that the majority of this forum never trains on hook punches. Have you met us? I'm sure you have not. "We" are just saying that if you understand, then you will see how it works. Whether my opponent attacks with a straight or a hook punch, I can use the same principle to take care of it. And no, I will not give an example.

Perhaps you have seen and met Cooks that make the same potatos every time. I have seen several dishes made from the same potato. I guess those cooks must have had a lot of experience with potatos.

AJ
AJ van Dijk

President & Chief Instructor Wadokai Holland
General Secretary FEW Federation European Wadokai
http://www.WadokaiOnline.com - Wado Books // Wado DVDs
http://www.wadokai.nl
http://www.fewkarate.com
acer

Post by acer »

You say that the majority of this forum never trains on hook punches. Have you met us? I'm sure you have not.
Hook punches aren’t in syllabus so to learn and train right and not just imagine someone need to learn another style.Are train in another style then or you just imagine?
We" are just saying that if you understand, then you will see how it works
You cant understand how perform and how to defense a leg lock if you first don’t train in it.Its very simple.And again to imagine only is very dangerous...

Whether my opponent attacks with a straight or a hook punch, I can use the same principle to take care of it
No no and again...NO!!!!Its totally different to train in junzuki and think you can handle everything else like the way grapplers close the distance and perform double leg take down,the circular movement of Ba Gua,or even the hook punches of Thai Boxing...
Different body mechanics and Im wonder why everyone that said they spar other styles fighter (yeah right) and even have real fights (YEAH RIGHT) cant understand that...!!!!!
shep

Post by shep »

acer wrote:
You say that the majority of this forum never trains on hook punches. Have you met us? I'm sure you have not.
Hook punches aren’t in syllabus so to learn and train right and not just imagine someone need to learn another style.Are train in another style then or you just imagine?
We" are just saying that if you understand, then you will see how it works
You cant understand how perform and how to defense a leg lock if you first don’t train in it.Its very simple.And again to imagine only is very dangerous...

Whether my opponent attacks with a straight or a hook punch, I can use the same principle to take care of it
No no and again...NO!!!!Its totally different to train in junzuki and think you can handle everything else like the way grapplers close the distance and perform double leg take down,the circular movement of Ba Gua,or even the hook punches of Thai Boxing...
Different body mechanics and Im wonder why everyone that said they spar other styles fighter (yeah right) and even have real fights (YEAH RIGHT) cant understand that...!!!!!
Theres' a lot you cant understand isn't there acer. Are you a little confused? Maybe its time for you to move on

shep
Tim49

Post by Tim49 »

Come on guys, this has been done to death; it’s now beginning to disappear up its own rear end. Enough of the Billy Goat Gruff; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Billy_Goats_Gruff

You are having your chain yanked.

Tim
wadoka
Site Admin

Post by wadoka »

It's not about people moving on from here, that would not be my intention and wants from this forum.

We just need to move away from that particular issue.

I value everyone's input and grateful for people taking time from their real lives to spend time on this dalliance. I have seen other forums have their strange periods but we are gentlemen and gentlewomen here.

Let's get back to great positive contributions, from all. Whether we agree or not, is not always important, as long as we are putting it and not taking out.
shep

Post by shep »

I can assure you I meant for him move on from this done to death topic - not from the forum

shep
majin29

Post by majin29 »

And I think many have already said that it's the fighter not the fighting style. I've known terrific natural fighters- guys who have just had that knack for combat. I've known people who have trained for years and would have their clock cleaned in a real fight because of their temperament and such.

I do think the subject of this thread does kind of invite comparisons to Wado because of its nature....That said, I think taisabaki cannot be undervalued as far as its intrinsic effectiveness for moving out of the line of attack. In kumite, we're continually taught to be mindful of the attacker and to shift as much as possible. Hard to be the victim of a double leg take-down when you're not there in the first place, don't you think?
David Coscina
oneya

Post by oneya »

I think Acer has always been with us but often travels under an alias, personally I think he's doing the heretic's job for him. If he can make you take your eye off the ball, as Tim is saying, then he goes to sleep happy. He's fun to play with I know but he is liable to waste the wado time here.

oneya
Reg Kear.
Wado Kokusai San no Ya.

http://www.sannoya.com