Kihon Kumite

General discussions on Wado Ryu karate and associated martial arts.
acer

Re: Kihon Kumite

Post by acer »

Two very different ways were shown:

Arakawa sensei didn't seem to even touch his opponents left leg with his left hand, whilst performing the throw, whereas Okumachi appears to grab his opponent’s zubon and lift upwards to propel uke.

It seems in first the attacker fall on his own just because he must do that and not because he really take the technique.
oneya

Re: Kihon Kumite

Post by oneya »

Gary wrote:This was once a nice little "reading room". I go away for a few months, had a look and it seems like I have been missing a right bun fight!!

Not getting into that (as the old saying goes a wise man is never in a fight in the first place), but interested in anyone’s thoughts about KK # 10 in this vid.

Two very different ways were shown:

Arakawa sensei didn't seem to even touch his opponents left leg with his left hand, whilst performing the throw, whereas Okumachi appears to grab his opponent’s zubon and lift upwards to propel uke.

Anyone else see that?

Gary
No big deal Gary, all we have really is two guys practicing kihon kumite from a 形 standpoint rather than a 型 aspect. I suspect that even for these two 'names' it is still only a work in progress.

oneya
Reg Kear.
Wado Kokusai San no Ya.

http://www.sannoya.com