Suzuki Tatsuo 8th Dan Hanshi. 1928 - 2011.

General discussions on Wado Ryu karate and associated martial arts.
TSYR

Re: Suzuki Tatsuo 8th Dan Hanshi. 1928 - 2011.

Post by TSYR »

Hello,

Few individuals ascend to becoming legendary, but Suzuki Tatsuo met that criteria. If one imagines the history of Wado ryu without his powerful presence, you're forced to contemplate a history much diminished.

My condolences to all the students and friends of Suzuki sensei.

Tobin E Threadgill / TSYR
Tobin E Threadgill
Takamura ha Shindo Yoshin Kai
http://www.shinyokai.com
kyudo

Post by kyudo »

The thought just occured to me that, considering the history of Wadoryu, very few of us would have been involved in wado, had Suzuki sensei not moved to England. Sure, other instructors would have come, but none with the experience and authority that Suzuki brought along. This means that most of the tens (maybe hundreds?) of thousands of wadoka in Europe owe Suzuki sensei their introduction to wado. Myself and my students included.
I'd say we owe him a lot.
Igor Asselbergs
http://kyudokan.nl/
claas

Post by claas »

Lasse Candé
Helsinki, Finland
zim

Post by zim »

I would also like to extend my condolences to all the people that Suzuki Sensei's life has touched.

His legacy will surely never be forgotten.

Chris
Chris Zimmerman
Aslan

Post by Aslan »

Rest in peace, you were great man and great sensei.
Aslan Datiev
frankareyes

Post by frankareyes »

Some of us in Dominican Republic trained with Suzuki sensei follow him in many places around the world. He will be remembered with great affection and gratitude.

Rest In Wa, sensei !!
F. Abreu
Wadokai of Dominican Republic
http://www.wadokaido.com
oneya

Post by oneya »

Courtesy of WIKF.

It is with the deepest sadness and regret that we must inform you of the passing of Suzuki Tatsuo Sensei in the early hours of Tuesday 12th July 2011.

The Funeral has been arranged for Friday 22nd July at 10 am at the South London Crematorium Rowan Road London SW16.

oneya
Reg Kear.
Wado Kokusai San no Ya.

http://www.sannoya.com
KiKarateDo

Post by KiKarateDo »

I spoke with a member of another club a few days ago, they had had some seminars with Suzuki sensei and said that when he was in the room he made everybody feel great.
kenkyukai

Post by kenkyukai »

My wish was to attend the funeral today. Sadly another sad event occured yesterday that meant I could not attend.
For those that were there, and I am sure that many who subscribe to this forum were, I am sure that the great man was given a sending off that was befitting to the legacy he left us all.
There is no way I can make up for my absence, although I know I would have only been one amongst many more that were closer to Suzuki Sensei.
A closure yes, but a void to be filled - never.
I hope that those that were there will share their thoughts amongst us.
G Chuck
T. Kimura

Post by T. Kimura »

kyudo wrote:The thought just occured to me that, considering the history of Wadoryu, very few of us would have been involved in wado, had Suzuki sensei not moved to England. Sure, other instructors would have come, but none with the experience and authority that Suzuki brought along. This means that most of the tens (maybe hundreds?) of thousands of wadoka in Europe owe Suzuki sensei their introduction to wado. Myself and my students included.
I'd say we owe him a lot.
That is very interesting. Had he decided to come to America, I think the state of Wado here would be much, much higher.
All Blessings, C. Tak Kimura