Takashima Sensei in UK

General discussions on Wado Ryu karate and associated martial arts.
Gusei21

Re: Takashima Sensei in UK

Post by Gusei21 »

The article speaks for itself.
I don't really remember much.
Igor Asselbergs sent me a tape of the interview.
Not sure who was interviewing Takashima. It might have been igor.
The interviewer was asking Takashima questions. Ishikawa was translating.
Igor wasn't happy with the translation so he sent it my way.
All I did was write down what he was saying.

I do know that Takashima Sensei was an examiner in the JKF.
He was also a member of the JKF Wadokai.
Not sure what he is doing today.

I can't remember what I ate for breakfast yesterday.....so I certainly don't remember much about the interview.. :)
Bob Nash
Peggers

Post by Peggers »

Shiomitsu Sensei brought Takashima Sensei along with him last week, on one of his regular dojo visits to my club.
Takashima Sensei didn't teach a great deal himself, but warmed up with us all, did some of the training and discussed technique in great length with Shiomitsu Sensei as they went round the class. He has a deep, powerful and booming voice which could be heard all over the dojo, no matter where he stood.
I didn't get much chance to converse with him, his English was a good as my Japanese, so we used hand signals or Sensei translated when we briefly spoke!
Shiomitsu Sensei said that like Toru Arakawa Sensei, Mr Takashima was 9th Dan JKF and 8th Dan Wado-kai and that both of these instructors had principly taught him whilst he was at Nichi Dai.
He said Sensei Takashima was now retired.
They are both off to teach on a couple of Sensei's regular courses in Europe over the next two weeks and no doubt play some golf. I got the impression they just enjoyed each others company and something similar had occured several years ago as well.
I hope I have recollected the facts correctly..........I'd upload a picture that we took of them both last week, but can't work the technology.
Rgds
Corin
http://www.surreykarate.co.uk
wadoka
Site Admin

Post by wadoka »

My instructor is just coming back from Portugal where Shiomitsu Sensei was teaching and Takashima Sensei was also there. He is currently has 12 hours to wait at Brussels airport before his connecting flight takes off to UK. So much for the cheapest option!
wadoka
Site Admin

Post by wadoka »

If you email me, I can resize and upload.

When you do a new post there is another tab below the area that you type that says upload Attachment.
wadoka
Site Admin

Post by wadoka »

takashima.jpg
takashima.jpg (97.26 KiB) Viewed 5471 times