Wado in the USA

General discussions on Wado Ryu karate and associated martial arts.
zim

Re: Wado in the USA

Post by zim »

wadoka wrote:
zim wrote: Des Moines is a fairly miserable place. I am sorry that your first foray into the mysteries of America was through Iowa but at least you had the experience of the State Fair. Not many foreigners can say they have braved that experience and lived to tell the story. I will put it down to your Wado training.

Chris
I did 'nagasu' the pretzel tent, where they are the size of steering wheels, and the Bud tent where I feared I would get dragged off on some pickup truck.

In the UK where the clubs are tucked away in church halls, dance studios and sports gyms, it seems that in the US there are dedicated martial arts studios quite widely available, or at least that is my perception. How are they viewed? A bit of an oddity by most or a common and accepted part of the local services?
In America you really get the full gambit. The country is so vast that in some areas with large populations they have this flavor of karate to offer: http://www.nationalkarate.com/. Colorful dogis I might say!

Thanks for the history lesson Gusei21. I remember a lot of the names from the 80's so it's interesting to hear what they are all up to now.

Chris
Chris Zimmerman
Chiefobrien

Re: Wado in the USA

Post by Chiefobrien »

Gusei21 wrote:I assume you are referring to the Starship Enterprise?
If so then I hope you read the whole manual...otherwise you will crash the spaceship...lol
You are taking 7.1.3 out of context.
Go back to the heading of Article 7.
I'm sorry, I have this annoying habit of speaking (or writing and clicking the Submit button in this case) before thinking the whole :)
Anyway, thanks alot Bob! It's clear now.

And I like Star Trek :)