Klemola's 36 Kumite Gata's e-book

General discussions on Wado Ryu karate and associated martial arts.
mspain

Re: Klemola's 36 Kumite Gata's e-book

Post by mspain »

blackcat wrote:
mspain wrote:
Gary wrote:Not to comment about the content of Klemola's work - as I haven't trained Kumite Gata (officially), but does anyone know where/who he learnt it from?

Gary
A quote from page "x" of the book: " This book is a reconstruction of Hironori Ohtsuga’s genious method based on the authors research and 40 years experience in Wadoryu karate. "

MSPain
Were these techniques not widely trained in the Wadoryu group in Finland under Mr Ogata?

Ben
Hello, Ben.

If you are asking that question of me, I do not know.

Mike
Mike Spain
blackcat

Post by blackcat »

mspain wrote:[
Gary wrote:Not to comment about the content of Klemola's work - as I haven't trained Kumite Gata (officially), but does anyone know where/who he learnt it from?

Gary

Were these techniques not widely trained in the Wadoryu group in Finland under Mr Ogata?

Ben
Hello, Ben.

If you are asking that question of me, I do not know.

Mike[/quote]

Hi Mike

It was more in response to Gary's question as to where the author may have learnt the techniques. I was just a bit slack with editing the quotes.

Ben
go rin no sho

Post by go rin no sho »

I think he trained under Sensei Shiomitsu and Otsuka II - (They visited Finland quite often )

Not sure if it was taught personally to him or is it as he puts it "reconstruction" of what he thinks it was all about..

No, Kumite gata was not trained widely in Finland.

Finnish wado groups train mostly kihon kumite, ohyo kumite, ippon kumite and sanbon kumite
J.Petrelius
www.joenmawashi.fi
ura

Post by ura »

"This book is a reconstruction of Hironori Ohtsuga’s genious method based on the authors research and 40 years experience in Wadoryu
karate." Yes, this is a reconstruction, but very valid if you study the book.